Co-Pays & Deductibles
Many insurance policies have plans that require copays and/or deductibles. Please be advised that all copays and deductibles are collected at the time of visit. Please contact your insurance carrier with questions about your plan. Your knowledge of your plan empowers you so that you are not surprised by any fees.
Proof of Insurance
It is our policy to request a copy of your child’s insurance card. Verification of insurance reduces the possibility of errors when submitting claims to your insurance provider.
Methods of Payment
Payment is due when services are rendered. We accept:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express)
- Personal checks (with proper identification)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) cards
Credit card payments can be made in person, over the phone or through our patient portal.
Most provided services are covered by insurance, but we recommend that you contact your insurance company to verify your plan benefits. Below are a few suggested questions to ask:
- Is your plan an HMO which requires an assigned primary care provider (PCP)? If yes, verify that one of the doctors at Rocky Hill Pediatrics is your assigned PCP.
- Are preventive medicine visits (well care) a covered service? If yes, what are the limitations?
- Do I have a copay or deductible?
Please be aware that any services considered not covered by your insurance will become the responsibility of you, the parent.
We will submit your claims in a timely manner and assist you in any reasonable way to get your claims paid. Your insurance carrier may require certain information from you in order to process your claim. It is the responsibility of you, the parent, to provide that information in a timely manner.
Please be aware that the balance of the claim is your responsibility. Your insurance benefit is a contract between you and your insurance carrier. Rocky Hill Pediatrics is not a party in that contract.