Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Rocky Hill, CT
Our office staff works hard to ensure patient comfort and convenience. To help you better understand our office operations, we have included the information you need about our hours, locations, appointments, insurance acceptance and billing below.
Rocky Hill Pediatrics
1084 Cromwell Ave
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
|Monday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
- Same day sick appointments are available.
- Well Visits Birth-age 22
- Ear Piercing age 4 months and older
- Newborn coverage at Hartford Hospital
- Admit to Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Forms take 5 business days, no exceptions. Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope, or plan on picking it up, no phone call is necessary as it will be ready for you.
- Good news, we are able to print forms from our Well Visits so you do NOT need to provide us with a form.
- Blue Forms or the State of Connecticut Health Assestment forms are required for entry into Kindergarten, 7th grade, and 10th grade.
- Daycare forms are required for babies and children in daycare.
- We recommend the flu vaccine for all patients 6 months and older
- The flu vaccine is required for all babies and children in daycare.
- We schedule flu clinics each fall and provide proof of vaccination when needed.
- We require that all patients follow the American Academy of Pediatrics Vaccine recommendations. This is because we know that the overwhelming body of scientific evidence supports that vaccines save lives, prevent cancer and death.
- At your first well visit with us, we provide a schedule of well visits and the Vaccine Information Sheets for each vaccine that we will give your child.
Please call us at (860) 721-7561 for all appointments. We will make every attempt to be as responsive to your scheduling needs as possible. Our phone lines are open from 8:30 am-1 pm and 2 pm-4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Monday through Friday: 8:30 am-5 pm. Our phones are live from 8:30 am -1 pm and
2 pm-4:30 pm.
After Hours and Weekends:
There is always one of our care team members on call to assist you if you have concerns about your child. After hours call (860)-721-7561 to reach the on call doctor or nurse.
Please call for sick visit appointments as soon as possible after 8:30 am. If you know you would like your child seen, calling early will give you more options for appointment times. We try our best to see all sick children on the same day.
We encourage parents of school age children and adolescents to make check-up appointments well in advance, especially if you plan on coming in during the summer months when schedules fill quickly. Late afternoon (after school) well visit appointments also fill quickly so please call well in advance if you would like one of these time slots. See table below for our usual Well Child Schedule.
For routine refills, please call your pharmacy directly and they will forward your request to us electronically.
To renew controlled medications (i.e., ADHD or ADD), please call between 9am and 4:30 pm and speak with our staff. They will need the following information:
- your name and contact phone number, your child's name and DOB
- the name of the prescription, strength and directions of the medication
- the name of your pharmacy.
The information will be reviewed by one of our providers for approval. We ask that you schedule 6 month follow up visits for medication rechecks, even if everything is going well. We require two business days to process refill requests. Please note that prescriptions will not be refilled by the covering/on call doctor after hours or on weekends.
Evenings and Weekends
We share call with three other offices and together, the 10 doctors provide 24 hour, 365 days a year coverage for our patients, to help answer any urgent questions that may arise. The best way to reach the “on call” physician is to call our regular office number: (860) 721-7561. The doctor who is “on call” will see patients for urgent (not routine well visits) on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Please call as early as possible, ideally between 8:30-9 am, if you wish to have your child seen. If there is a true life threatening emergency; call 911 or go to the Emergency Room. When possible, we recommend Connecticut Children’s Emergency Room. Please save all routine calls, including prescription refills for our regular office hours.
There are times when it is helpful to meet with parents with or without their child for a longer visit to discuss behavioral, emotional, or other health concerns. These visits are scheduled as consultations and are usually scheduled at 12:30 pm. If you would like to schedule a consultation please call during regular office hours and we will set up a time for you to come in.
Cancellations & Late Arrivals
We request that you give us 24 hours notice for cancellations. We understand that emergencies or schedule conflicts arise, so please just give us a call. If you do not come to your appointment, or cancel with less than 24 hours notice, there is a $25 charge.
Please call us to let us know if you are running late for your appointment. We may be able to accomodate you after consulting with the provider. However, if you are more than 15 minutes late, it is likely that we will need to reschedule your appointment. We are committed to doing our best to run on-time for each appointment but find that very difficult to do when patients arrive late. Your on time arrival will help us keep wait times manageable. Thank you!
Well Child Appointment Schedule
While this is a general guideline of well-child visits, it is subject to change or be adjusted as needed for each child. Additionally, you may access the Vaccine Information Sheets for each vaccine at cdc.gov/vaccines.
- 2 days after discharge: Feeding, weight and jaundice check (considered a sick visit)
- 1-2 weeks: Length, weight, head circumference
- 1 month: Length, weight, head circumference, Post Partum Depression Screen (PPD)
- 2 months: Length, weight, head circumference, DTaP, IPV, Hep B, Hib, Prevnar, Rotavirus, PPD
- 4 months: Length, weight, head circumference, DTaP, IPV, Hep B, Hib, Prevnar, Rotavirus
- 6 months: Length, weight, head circumference, DTaP, IPV, Hep B, Hib, Prevnar, PPD
- 9 months: Length, weight, head circumference, PEDS Developmental Screen
- 12 months: Length, weight, head circumference, MMR, Hep A, Prevnar, Hemoglobin, Lead Check
- 15 months: Length, weight, head circumference, PEDS Developmental Screen DTaP, IPV, Hib, Varicella
- 18 months: Length, weight, head circumference, M-CHAT (Autism Screen), Hep A
- 2 years: Length, weight, head circumference, M-CHAT (Autism Screen), Hemoglobin, Lead Check
- 30 months: Length, weight, head circumference, PEDS Developmental Screen
- 3 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, MMR, Varicella
- 4 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, DTaP, IPV, Hemoglobin
- 5-8 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing screen
- 9-10 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing, cholesterol, hemoglobin
- 11-12 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing, Meningococcal, Tdap, HPV9 (2 doses six months apart)
- 13 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, HPV9 (if not yet received)
- 14 - 15 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, hearing, HPV9 (if not yet received)
- 16 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, Menactra, HPV 9 (if not yet received)
- 17 year: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision, cholesterol check, hemoglobin, HPV9 (if not yet received)
- Pre- College: Height, weight, blood pressure, vision
Please note: The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends an annual flu vaccine for all children six months – 22 years of age.
Having a baby is one of the most exciting times in your life. Nothing is more rewarding than the privilege of caring for this new life and providing an environment in which both you and your child will thrive and develop. Choosing the pediatrician that can best care for your child is an important decision. At Rocky Hill Pediatrics, we share your joy and enthusiasm and look forward to the opportunity to partner with you on the exciting journey of raising a child.
Please feel free to call our office if you have additional questions about our practice or medical providers. Or, if you prefer, call today to schedule a free, 15 minute prenatal meeting. During this meeting, you will meet with one of our doctors, have a chance to ask questions about our practice and have a tour of the office. We typically schedule these meetings at 8:30 am to accommodate working parents.
When you go to the hospital in labor, simply tell your obstetrician and the hospital staff that you have chosen Rocky Hill Pediatrics as your child's pediatrician. Our office will be notified of your baby's birth by the hospital staff. If you deliver at Hartford Hospital, a Rocky Hill physician or a pediatrician from one of our three covering practices will come to see your baby within 24 hours of delivery. If you deliver at another hospital, a hospital based pediatrician will care for your baby while he or she is there. It is important that we see your baby within 72 hours of hospital discharge (or earlier if recommended by the hospital pediatrician.) Upon discharge, please contact our office about scheduling your baby's first visit to our office.
Insurance and Billing:
Rocky Hill Pediatrics accepts most insurance plans. The parent or legal guardian accompanying a child is responsible for any copays, deductibles, coinsurance, or fees not covered by insurance at the time of appointment. It is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian to verify that Rocky Hill Pediatrics accepts your insurance before making an appointment. Please contact your insurance company directly to determine if Rocky Hill Pediatrics is in - network with your family’s plan.
Visit our About Us section to learn more about our practice and doctors.